Pages

November 10, 2010

Two years....

Two years ago, right now, I was on my way to bed. My bag was packed, the alarm was set and I would be attempting to get some sleep before my 4am wake up call and the 5:30am check in at the hospital. Lula Kat would be making her big debut the next morning.  November 11th - A date I'd been fixating on for months.....  Sometime in my first trimester that date had been set.  November 11th.... 18 months, to the day after Gigi was born I would become a mother again. On November 11th our family would be complete.   November 11, 2008 feels like a heartbeat ago. I blinked and two years have gone by.

Tonight, I am up preparing for Lula Kat again. Tonight I have a rare alarm set, but tomorrow instead of  a "routine, scheduled c-section" that was anything but routine, I plan to wake my two year old little pumpkin up {instead of the other way around} and sing Happy Birthday. I plan to cook pancakes and eat breakfast outside and see where the day takes us.  And although she is only two.... and will surely sing Happy Birthday to Gigi, instead of understanding that this is a rare, 'all about Lula' moment.... I decorated the house for her anyway.  If nothing more, I'll know that I took a moment, reflected on my baby -my last baby- and tried to do a little something special just for her.

Happy Birthday Lula Kat - I love you to the moon and back!






The balloons will have to wait until Saturday's. I am not sure they would not have survived from now until party....

Happy, Happy 2nd birthday baby!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! Has it really been 2 years? Wow.

Shelbi said...

I cannot believe it's been TWO years either! Time flies is right....

Lu keeps walking around the house, pointing to the decorations and asking "How did you do this mommmy?!" So cute!

Anonymous said...

you're such an awesome mommy.

Like what you just read??
Then VOTE for A Mother's Musings, Mishaps and Milestones on 'Top Mommy Blogs', 'Top 100 Mommy Bloggers' and 'Picket Fence Blogs' by clicking the buttons below. {votes can be cast daily}
      Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory The Top 100 Mommy Blogs