Pages

November 7, 2010

A Thankful Month
Day 7



Today I am Thankful for: Whispered Secrets

It wasn't long ago that Gigi would say "I have a secret for you" and proceed to put her mouth directly on my ear and half whisper, half spit "Pshhhh, Pshhhh, Pshhhhhh, Pshhhhh" into my ear,as if she had said something.  Cute , but how much of "Pshhh, Pshhh, Pshhh" can you really take? She recently discovered that to tell a "secret" you have to not only whisper, but actually say something.

Tonight Gigi wanted to whisper into my ear what she would like to get Lula for her birthday. She wanted it to be a secret, not because Lula was in the room, but becasue she was on Skype with her daddy and wasn't sure if it would be okay to tell him.  I honestly cannot tell you what she wants to get Lula, because I started laughing as if I were in the middle of a grade school game of operator. The moment she wrapped her arms around my head and face to pull my ear close- I lost it. Then her breathing and whispering in my ear..... I was laughing..... so she was laughing...... and daddy was shouting through the computer screen "Hey you two! No secrets!" How can that not be one of the best parts of anyone's day?   Two girls, hysterical, in the middle of a game of operator. I now remember why that game was so much fun!

“I am thankful for laughter, except when milk comes out of my nose.”
~Woody Allen

No comments:

Like what you just read??
Then VOTE for A Mother's Musings, Mishaps and Milestones on 'Top Mommy Blogs', 'Top 100 Mommy Bloggers' and 'Picket Fence Blogs' by clicking the buttons below. {votes can be cast daily}
      Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory The Top 100 Mommy Blogs