Pages

November 20, 2010

Fell off the face of the earth

Well, I know it might seem as if I have. It also very much seems like I have bailed on my thankful month and that was NOT my intention. I had been keeping track of all my daily thankfuls so that I might "catch up" but at this point... with all of the other things on my plate, I am going to be thankful for the ability to let myself off the hook a bit. I am thankful that I know that I could beat myself up over this and call it a FAIL but I know better and I won't. I will at the very least sum up how thankful I am for this month by the end of the month.

At the moment I am hiding from my kids. "Uncle Mike" {hubby's brother} was here with us yesterday, last night and left us again this morning. This all to brief visit was just the excuse the girls needed to induce jelly knees and flopping on the floor screaming, tantrums all day.  Frankly the wind blows lately and they melt down - So I'm taking a quick moment to explain why I've seemingly fallen off the face of the earth........ Aside from the mass hysteria here at home since Lula turned 2.

Gigi & Lula finally left Etsy and is standing on it's own!  Ive been building a website, filling orders, creating hats, bows, clips and with fingers crossed, getting ready to help out a local team with their hair accessory needs! {woo hoo!}

 Below is the launch message for http://www.gigiandlula.com/
Dear Friends,

I recently turned a hobby into a business. Thanks to the help and a lot of support from some amazing family and friends, I have had a very successful launch. I wanted to get my store up and running before letting my friends see what I’ve been up to and I know there is still a long road ahead. Product lines are expanding and product inventory will continue to grow over the next few months.

With the holidays coming up I thought this a great time to showcase my new venture and ask “This year, why not give the gift of something handmade?” As for me, I would be thrilled if you all could help me spread the word about Gigi & Lula by SOH !

Gigi & Lula started when I became frustrated that Gigi either lost all of the hair clips and flower clips that I bought her or they didn’t survive the rigors of a very active 3 year old. The more clips I purchased, the more I began to realize that I could simply make them myself. With that, a hobby was started and then a business born. I love what I do, I delight in the creativity of it all and it is truly rewarding to see both my girls, their friends and our neighbors wearing my little works of art!

My hats are all handmade, something that was important to me. Because I wanted to provide something special, Gigi & Lula quickly became a “family business” - my Mother-in-Law and Aunt-in-Law are my crocheting team - and thankfully, they have been busy!!

As much as I love playing the “artist” and creating fun and unique hats, clips, bows and headbands, I know that taste and style are subjective. I happily accept and welcome special orders. Taking the time to design your own clips or hat for your special little one, making it a “made just for you” gift… Well to me, that is a gift that says something.

Please check out my shop at www.gigiandlula.com and know that I will be eternally grateful to you for passing this information along to your friends and family. If you have any questions I can be contacted, here, through www.gigiandlula.com and at shelbi@gigiandlula.com.

Thank you - Happy Thanksgiving! and...Let the Holiday Season begin!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Best of luck getting your business off the ground.

Like what you just read??
Then VOTE for A Mother's Musings, Mishaps and Milestones on 'Top Mommy Blogs', 'Top 100 Mommy Bloggers' and 'Picket Fence Blogs' by clicking the buttons below. {votes can be cast daily}
      Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory The Top 100 Mommy Blogs