Pages

November 4, 2010

A Thankful Month
Day 4



Today I am Thankful for: Swings

I made it to Stroller Strides this morning!!!!!  And for that I was 'Thankful' to have a great friend like Mel { m.b.r.a.c.e. mommyhood } holding me accountable and helping motivate my butt out the door.  I was also 'Thankful' for Katie who kicked my booty in class today and again for Mel and the rest of my Stroller Strides family for their awesome energy, support and friendship. That's when it hit me.... Being Thankful for your family should be a given. I should have moments all day everyday when I appreciate how lucky I am to have my kids and my hubby. I get that it's not always easy and not everyone is grateful for their family, but I am.... for the most part! :)

For the rest of the month I am going to try my best to keep going with silly "thankful for's" - I have found that if I stop and string together a few small things to be thankful for each day, I feel really good! So.... Today I am thankful for Swings!

After Stroller Strides the girls spent at least an hour on the swings. Laughing and pretending to fly.... It was without a doubt a perfect hour. Pushing both of my girls on the swings was the best part of what would turn out to be a great day! For that hour I remembered what it felt like to swing up "so high" and feel like your feet must be touching the sky! How exciting and a little scary it was to swing to "that high".... I love those moments when the whole world melts away and your kids bring you back to childhood. When you get lost in a moment of sheer bliss..... not  a care in the world....... The best part of being a mother for me, is getting to be a child again with my girls. I live for the silly carefree moments, when I'm more than just mom to my girls. I had that today at the swings!

Today, instead of a "thankful quote", I am going to share an email I recieved a few weeks ago.  As far as "chain emails" go, I thought this was pretty good and worth sharing. I will resume the thankful words of wisdom tomorrow.


I AM THANKFUL:


For the Wife who says "It's Hot Dogs tonight"
becuase she is home with me and not out with someone else.


For the husband who is on the sofa being a couch potato 
because he is home with me and not out at the bars.


For the teenager who is complaining about doing the dishes
becasuse it means she is home, not on the streets.


For the taxes I pay
because it means I am employed.


For the mess to clean after the party
because it means I have been surrounded by friends.



For the clothes that fit a little too sung
because it means I have enough to eat.
 
For my shadow that watches me work
becuase it means I am out in the sunshine.
 
For a lawn that needs mowing,
windows that need cleaning
and gutters that need fixing
because it means I have a home.


For all the complaining I hear about the Government
because it means we have freedom of speech.


For the parking spot I find at the far end of the parking lot
because it means I am capable of walking ans I have been blessed with transportation.
 
For my huge heating bill
because it means I am warm.


For the pile of laundry and ironing
because it means I have clothes to wear.
 
For weariness and aching muscles at the end of the day
because it means I have been capable of working hard.
 
And for the alarm that goes off in the early morning hours
because it means I am alive






A Month of "Thanks"

November 01, 2010 - Cooler Temperatures
November 02, 2010 - Lula learns how to climb out of her crib
November 03, 2010 - Donuts and Arts and Crafts
November 04, 2010 - Swings


No comments:

Like what you just read??
Then VOTE for A Mother's Musings, Mishaps and Milestones on 'Top Mommy Blogs', 'Top 100 Mommy Bloggers' and 'Picket Fence Blogs' by clicking the buttons below. {votes can be cast daily}
      Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory The Top 100 Mommy Blogs