Pages

April 13, 2011

Project Body Back:
I have been weighed - I have been measured - and I have been found wanting.

Do you ever feel like a plastic bag
Drifting through the wind
Wanting to start again
Do you ever feel, feel so paper thin
Like a house of cards
One blow from caving in
Do you ever feel already buried deep
Six feet under scream
But no one seems to hear a thing
Do you know that there's still a chance for you
Cause there's a spark in you
You just gotta ignite the light
And let it shine
Just own the night
Like the Fourth of July
Cause baby you're a firework


This song came on as I was driving home from my first Body Back Class tonight. With windows down, wind blowing and radio blaring I really needed to hear this song!  I had no illusions that Body Back was going to be anything less than hard. In fact I was sure that I would discover that I had a lot further to go than I expected going in; but I was not prepared to discover that I am no nearly as strong as I thought I was.

It was a truly eye opening experience. YES. I have had 2 children in the last 4 years. YES I have had 2 Ceserian sections. BUT I have been working out steadily with Stroller Strides for over a year now. I am unable to complete one full sit up. That's right folks. With feet firmly planted, hands behind my head and both remaining in said positions.... I.Cannot.Sit-up.Once. Not one time.....*Gulp*

My saving grace... The one small victory that I am clinging to.... Of the first time Body Back Mamas tonight, I held my plank the longest. NO. I know that it it not a competition, but in order for me to dig deep I had to set a goal to hold my plank longer than every other mama.  With each mom the dropped I feel deeper and deeper into Lamaze breathing. {You know the natural childbirth class that helps you breath through the pain..... t\The breathing technique that you don't need when you have 2 c-sections!  I am SO GLAD I took that class now! It was not a waste of a Saturday afternoon {four years ago} after all!!} 3 minutes and 8 seconds later I called time. Last Mama Standing. Or rather.... Last Mama Planking!!  WIN! {I'll take it!}

I'm still a caterpillar, but I will be a butterfly! I have a long way to go. I am not yet freakishly strong, but that.... That is my Body Back goal.... I want to be freakishly strong! {Oh...... That and do at least one full sit-up!}



•Breathe deeply and appreciate the moment. Living in the moment could be the meaning of life.
Photobucket

Even if you have already linked a Body Back, Stroller Strides or Personal Fitness Blog post to my first week's Journey feel free to add your current post as well if you have one! Keep sharing your stories!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I did ZERO push-up's during my first assessment and I was so completely disheartened that I almost quit. Now I can do 19. Tracy (who you met today) did ZERO sit-up during her first assessment. She did 26 last week. This is an experience of growth. If you did zero, than you know where your starting point is. You will be amazed at how far you will come these 8 weeks. You have not been found wanting. You just have found your starting point.

Shelbi said...

Love you Mama!
<3 <3 <3

Like what you just read??
Then VOTE for A Mother's Musings, Mishaps and Milestones on 'Top Mommy Blogs', 'Top 100 Mommy Bloggers' and 'Picket Fence Blogs' by clicking the buttons below. {votes can be cast daily}
      Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory The Top 100 Mommy Blogs